Killer headlines are crucial to blogging.
The purpose of a killer headlines is to attract attention within seconds and pull them into your article and website. Therein lies the power of an amazing headline.
One of the most essential elements of a killer headline is it must stand on its own.
Listed in this blog are some of the top headlines and headline examples.
It’s beneficial to pick a great headline first and then add your content to it. The next step in creating the best blog is to adding paragraph headers so you can organize your content.
I’m a fan of using humor to grab and explain- I respond well to those types of headlines, but I do like vital information to enhance what I am reading, and I am not alone.
I’ve compiled the types of headlines that attract attention.
- People love numbered lists: 7 Habits, 5 ideas, 3 pitfalls etc
- They love resource lists: 7 ways, 7 secrets, 7 things
- They read Warnings or Cautions: Top 10 mistakes, 11 warning signs
- What’s New? We are addicted to new: 5 new ideas to create more followers,
- How to’s: How to implies a solution to a problem: How to finalize your Divorce in 5 quick steps.
- “You can do it” Adds intrigue: You can solve your families financial crisis
- Ask a Question; make sure you know the answer! Does staying in an unhappy marriage benefit your children?
- Fear: Fear and greed are the primary motivators: “4 Phrases that age you.”
- Astonishing Facts: 1 in 2 marriages end in Divorce, World wastes 30% of its food
- Controversy: Controversy is fueled, in part, by conflicting beliefs: “CO house debates the legality of homeschooling.”
- Don’t do this: Fear attracts attention “5 things a person says to a police officer to get arrested.”
- Save Money: Mediate your divorce to save X dollars
- Yes, but…. Legal tips that rock, except when used against a husband
- Be specific: Number of DUI’s up in Vail in March
The content of the blog article should follow the stated headline. After you choose the headline, map out paragraph headers to help organize the content and your ideas. If you are not sure about your headline, look to your inbox and use which headlines catch your eye.
You can take an idea and adapt it to what works for your business. Funny does work, and I tend to open those emails and blogs first because from experience the writer keeps my attention with the material and is usually funny. I also like humor because it sticks in my memory and I retain some great information.
Content for your blog article.
This blog is about the headlines, however, I think the headline really can help you write a good blog posting. There is an art to writing good blog postings.
If you are writing for business pick the key idea or list, map out headers, start the blog by sharing personal wisdom or story, give the reader a call to action, use keywords in the headline and the header tag of the article.
Use proper grammar, not text language. Always add images to your blog and make sure you use keywords when you title the image. Always fill in your Alt text on the images.
Related Blog Articles
Questions? Call 720-583-3761 or EMAIL ME